Other finished projects, and some not-so-finished
Well, the x-mas presents are getting done... I finished the woven scarf I was making... for dru. I turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself. I hope she likes it. The warp is varigated-dyed cascade 220, woven with plain white and beige cascade 220 and some great, slightly fuzzy mohair-y stuff she gave me two years ago- vintage yarn from the 1970s!
The felted purse for my aunt is done... but I forgot to take a picture of it before I wrapped it. oops.
it turned out nicely.
the other thing I finished this weekend was a nice new hat, made out of this great alpaca hat, cause my other hats were not warm enough or ugly.
I made it out of Alpaca With A Twist- Big Baby Bulky, which is very very soft. It's a modified pattern of the Fun Flapper Hat, but as I can't seem to remember to actually DO 4 x 1 rib, and invariably end up with 3 x 1 rib (I've made this pattern 3 times. each time, i goof and do 3 x 1 rib.) Anyway, it works with 3 x 1 rib, you just have to change the decrease a bit. I also changed the type of decrease, cause I don't like the way P2tog looks, so it's a K2tog decrease, and I added a few rows so it would cover my ears. Finally found a use for the scraps of bulky brown yarn from x-mas 2 years ago. Really, I save everything.
This hat turned out to be very warm, which is just what I need right now, since it's sub-zero temps out.
The last thing that I've been working on is not-so-finished. It's this crazy monster scarf that danno wanted... special for cold-weather motorcyling. i picked a nice, soft merino superwash... it's Schoeller and Stahl Limbo Superwash... in two nice shades of green... and it's really fine... and it's going to take me forever.
It's about 6 inches long right now. it needs to be much much longer. He wanted it very warm, so I'm doing it in the round, so it's double, but then, it's going to get wider in the middle to cover his chest and it's going to (hopefully) have a chin cup, to fit snugly around his chin. I have several helpful suggestions for than, both of which I'm going to have to try first.
I've named it the Monster.
Further updates will follow.